BeitragVerfasst: 11.05.14, 18:02 

FossaMail

Version: 24.5
Größe: 21 - 25 MB
Homepage: http://www.fossamail.org/
Lizenz: GNU GPL
Beschreibung:
Zitat:
FossaMail is an Open Source, Mozilla Thunderbird-based mail, news and chat client for Windows, brought to you by the Pale Moon developer (and therefore not affiliated with the Mozilla Corporation). It is an optimized and reconfigured re-build of Mozilla Thunderbird ESR.

FossaMail:
Is built from source with compiler optimizations geared towards an as stable and smooth operation of the client as possible (Pale Moon-alike optimizations).
Uses its own profile folder on your system. This means it will not interfere with existing Thunderbird installations.
The default profile location is %APPDATA%\FossaMail
Should be compatible with all Thunderbird add-ons and plugins.
Is available in 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions.
Comes with an optional calendar/organizer add-on (Lightning) that will allow it to be used in a Microsoft Outlook style information manager fashion.
System requirements:
Windows Vista or above (Windows XP is not supported)
A processor with SSE2 support
Sufficient hard drive space to install and store your e-mail and other data
An internet connection ;-)

FossaMail ist ein Thunderbird-basierter und für Windows optimierter Mail-Client von den PaleMoon-Machern. Ausprobieren ist ungefährlich, da das Teil ein eigenes Profil anlegt. Außerdem gibt es ein eigenes FossaMail-Backup-Programm auf der Webseite.

BeitragVerfasst: 04.08.14, 14:30 

Portable Version wäre klasse ;)

Gruss
Rainer

BeitragVerfasst: 04.08.14, 15:41 
Mitglied

http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4469

Hylli

BeitragVerfasst: 27.11.14, 18:55 

Zitat:
FossaMail 25.0 is a new release that signifies a major milestone in the client's existence. The entire back-end has been changed out from the Firefox to the Pale Moon code.

Fixes/changes:
Change of the core scripting and rendering back-end to Pale Moon 25.1! FossaMail is now completely based on Pale Moon, using it as the "engine" to drive the mail/news client. This basically fast-forwards the mail client a year in terms of features and improvements on the back-end, including improved secure connections to servers and the likes.
This also means FossaMail can no longer be considered a "re-build of Mozilla Thunderbird".
Updated branding and a few aesthetic things.
FossaMail now has a repository on GitHub - considering release of the source code at this point (with a lot more than just branding and configuration changes) is required as per the MPL license.

BeitragVerfasst: 28.05.15, 0:12 

und hinweg damit
Version 25.1.4 has been pulled because of some severe issues with new installations (with no existing profile).
25.1.5 (2015-05-27)
This is a maintenance release similar to 25.1.4, but with additional fixes for the broken operation on new profiles caused by telemetry code.

BeitragVerfasst: 30.10.16, 16:30 

25.2.4 (2016-10-28)

This is a security update with some minor improvements to image handling, updating the client's back-end to Pale Moon 25-LTS 25.9.6. Most of the changes are defense-in-depth preventative security measures.

BeitragVerfasst: 27.01.17, 15:36 

Zitat:
27.0.0 (2017-01-25)

This is a major new milestone update!

Both the application code and the back-end code have received a complete overhaul.

A brief summary of the biggest changes:
Switched the rendering engine to Goanna.
Switched the back-end code to Pale Moon 27.
Hoisted most of the application code to be Thunderbird 38 equivalent in functionality.
Added support for a few additional authentication methods for connecting to mail servers.
Integrated lightning into the application (no longer a separate download).

BeitragVerfasst: 15.03.17, 22:18 

Zitat:
38.1.0 (2017-03-15)
This is a maintenance release to address theming issues.
You will find that the default theme is now closer to what Thunderbird has; if you prefer more color and an even compacter view (and non-Australis tabs), I recommend you check out the "Classic TB2" theme which is a fast and professional theme very close to the classic view FossaMail has had since its inception.

38.0.0 (2017-02-15)
This version bumps the application version to 38.0 for reasons of add-on compatibility.
The only other change is no longer directly relying on addons.mozilla.org for extension updates, since it was causing problems for a number of people serving incompatible versions of the lightning calendar/Google data provider add-on, and allowing us to intervene in the future in case of unreliable updates to extensions.

BeitragVerfasst: 14.04.17, 14:17 
Mitglied

Aktuell bei 38.2.0 (2017-03-28) und wird demnächst beendet:
Zitat:
We will be shutting down FossaMail in May.

Since there hasn't been any response whatsoever, through any channel, to the request for new maintainership, we'll be shutting down FossaMail.
The user base is obviously too small to contain anyone willing to step forward to do the required release engineering and support, so we're bidding the fossa farewell.

No further official releases will be made, we'll shut down the website and support forum (@ Pale Moon), and everyone currently using FossaMail should be looking for a replacement mail/chat/news client within the next few months to avoid running into potential security vulnerabilities as time goes on.

Thank you all for your years of support!

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00