v1.5.6: [ 23.09.2010 ]
# when warnings AND errors occur, the trayicon will toggle now instead
of announcing only the warning.
- requested by göran.
* a small memory problem, resulting in a ntdll.dll errormessage.
v1.5.5: [ 23.08.2010 ]
* cancelling "quit" on trayicon did not result in a resumed check.
* some buttons were not correctly enabled since we added the create-
ones at runtime the wrong way.
* more precise calculation of sfv/total, was wrong in some cases when
the file was accessed, resulting in a down/up of the bars.
* create buttons were not disabled when a check/creation was already
+ you can now (re)create all 3 kinds of currently supported checksum-
types: sfv/md5 and sha1.
* forgot to fix ComCtrls.pas when changing the OS, so the hiding/show-
ing of columns didn't work correctly in previous version.
* when moving directories the dialog isn't showing files anymore.
# compatible for checking checksum files generated by "sha1sum", which
seems to use " " instead of " *" for separating checksum from file-
- requested by abused.
v1.5.4: [ 23.05.2010 ]
* when rechecking failed files no announce of "previously checked ok"
in case users did edit the checksum files manually (missing files).
# extension .sha supported, too.
# possibility to strip comments from sfv file(s) on request, and to
strip them automatically on check.
- requested by Göran.
# new buttons in toolbar for creating checksum files,
- requested by abused.
* sorting of sha1/md5 files, not by checksum anymore.
v1.5.3: [ 23.01.2010 ]
# mew option to warn the user if filecount of the directory does not
match filecount given in the checksumfile.
# lines with a warning will now have a yellow line in the log.
- both issues requested by göran.
* the skiplist types control now is a tnt unicode control, too.
! better status of controls while a check is running and they are
! compatibility mode for hksfv md5 files which do not contain the
delimiting * char in front of the path-/filename.
! application not stealing focus after drag 'n drop and being in the
background, instead application will flash in tray after having
finished the current check - additionally beeping (optional, default
is OFF) if needed.
+ "Checksum Summary" and "Bad/Missing" tabsheets now have tooltips for
columns and their content but these tooltip can be turned off if not
v1.5.2: [ 23.11.2009 ]
* fixed md5 calculation for files > 500mb, since "MapViewOfFile" fails
here, using TStream instead now.
* previous versions did not add files in case they were located in a
single hidden (sub)directory or folders with a dot in front, so
explorer's filecount of the folder "C:\Windows\" was different from
RekSFV's filecount (e.g. the folder "Installer\$PatchCache$" was
- thanks to Robin for reporting both issues.
+ adding the errorreason to the log when creating checksum files.
+ adding the files that couldn't be accessed to the bad/missing files
tabsheet when creating checksum files now, too.
* cancelling the creation of checksum files didn't result in a correct
v1.5.1: [ 23.10.2009 ]
# new option to always prompt for a filename when creating a checksum
* automatically generated filename wasn't correct in case dots were
used in the path.
+ every checksum type now has it's own skiplist properties.
+ "Select Directory" will start with the latest used path, the "Create
Checksum File(s) dialog will do the same for each type.
# save the mad/missing filename tabsheet's content, and load it again.
# "copy all columns" will copy all selected rows and not only one into
the clipboard. if none is selected then all rows will be copied.
- both issues requested by genetix.
v1.5.0: [ 23.09.2009 ]
+ added one new column to "Checksum/Hash Summary": checksum filename.
+ added 2 new columns to "Bad/Missing Filenames": the expected and the
calculated CRC/Hash (eCRC vs. cCRC).
+ additional popupmenu entry to be able to copy each column's content.
! changed some properties of TListview due to some vista problems.
* comments were incorrectly added to sha1/md5 files.
+ new shortcuts to copy all columns content.
* correct warning sign in tray when no sfv's found or found sfv didn't
have a valid content.
# all the "Checksum/Hash Summary" and "Bad/Missing Filenames" columns
can now be hidden if not needed, the chosen size of the columns will
be saved and restored, as well as you now can swap all the columns.
# a paused application will have a different trayicon.
# "(Re)Create SFV File(s)" available for the public. dragndrop folders
to the second tabsheet, and hit this to let RekSFV create all check-
sum files for the dropped folders.
# "select folder" is now "select folder/file", so you can add single
files now, too. drag 'n drop supported as well.
- requested by Göran.
+ set task priority: idle, normal, high.
+ new languages: german, swedish.
! "Delete Selected Bad File" is now "Delete Selected Bad File(s)".
# "Allow Multiple Instances" is now optional, you can turn it off.
- requested by enigma.
+ accepting .crc files as sfv/crc32 files now, too.
* preventing "hide to tray" when dialogs are shown.
v1.4.6: [ 23.06.2009 ]
+ CTRL+A now selects all (depending on ActiveControl).
* recheck counter now working correctly.
* "recheck all failed" function failed sometimes (skipped checking).
* "copy filepath+filename" did copy the filename into clipboard twice.
* comments in sfvs now contain the path (in case subdirectories are
+ some minor cosmetics.
v1.4.5: [ 23.05.2009 ]
! optimized usage of the TToolbuttons in all 3 tabsheets.
+ more buttons for summary and bad/missing files tabsheets.
+ you can remove the files from the "Bad/Missing" tabsheet.
+ renaming of missing files additionally gives a result dialogbox now.
* comments for unicode filenames haven't been saved as unicode.
* unicode foldernames resulted in an errormsg when trying to add a
* minimizing when starting minimized did not correctly minimize to the
# added the "Always On Top" mode, toggle via CTRL+T.
# you can now colorize a summary line when a column contains or misses
a value (sfv summary tabsheet).
* correct drag n drop cursor when trying to add a file/folder when a
task is already in progress.
+ "Try To Find And Rename Missing File(s)" now supports "Yes To All",
which suppresses the messagedialog.
! "Recheck All Failed" will only recheck failed/missing files instead
of all files again.
+ you can add RekSFV to the registry (App Paths), to be able e.g. to
type "reksfv" on the "run ..." command.
v1.4.4: [ 23.04.2009 ]
+ you can now sort the Missing/Bad Files list, additionally the file's
extension now is listed.
+ "Open Folder" already available on "Bad/Missing File(s)" tabsheet
when a check is still running.
+ set RekSFV to open/edit sfv files with any app you want, not limited
to notepad.exe anymore. get bonuspoints when pointing to jane.exe
! already edit/fix .sfv files while the check is still running (on own
+ you now additionally can edit sfv files from the "Bad/Missing Files"
# added the ability to add comments to the (.sfv) files, with all the
size(s), date(s), time(s) and filename(s).
# divided "Autoclose After Creation/Check Reports OK" into two
actions, so you now can choose to close after check reports ok, but
not afterwards a creation.
# added the ability to remove explorer context menu entries.
* rechecking all folders might have closed RekSFV when the autoclose
option was set ON.
# added a "delete selected folder(s)" on sfv summary's tabsheet popup-
# added a "SpC" column, which holds the number of files/folders inside
current directory, so you might want to configure it to count *.jpg
files. foldernames are possible, too.
! to avoid too much memory comsumption the program will be paused
after reaching a total of 5000 entries, giving the possibility to
clean up the results as needed and continue checking afterwards.
+ "Try To Find And Rename Missing File(s)". this will look in current
directory for a (shortened) file, you can rename it with a single
v1.4.3: [ 23.03.2009 ]
# added the ability to move folders with corrpupt file(s) to a new
target of your choice.
+ faster startup on some systems.
* shortcuts from subtoolbars and popupmenus were not working again in
general, fixed now.
* comments on .md5/.sha1 files were not discarded when being parsed.
* "Recheck Failed Entries" did not correctly set all need internal
+ ability to "Select Good Folders", "Select Bad Folders", "Select All
Folders" and "Select Random Folders" at the sfv-summary page's
v1.4.2: [ 23.02.2009 ]
+ "Skip 0 Byte Files" option, this will skip adding these to a check-
+ now additionally supporting SHA1.
# Groupbox for setting the registered filetypes. when checked, double
clicking a .sfv/.md5/.sha1 file will start RekSFV.
- requested by enigma.
# trying to use single lined sha1 and md5 files, assuming the desired
filename is the sha/md5 file without it's own extension, like those
used by some opensource projects.
- requested by enigma, too.