^ Compiled game in new version of Game Maker (8.0), which should fix some GM-related errors and speed up the game and make loading faster.
+ Added: alien boss to level editor.
+ Added: extended statistics are written to "stats.txt" upon game exit.
+ Added: more shopkeeper names.
= dark areas would not appear if you beat the previous level fast enough (to prevent frustrating speed runs).
= Moon Room minigame improved.
= Changed damage from longest falls.
= arrow traps now have arrows inside of them.
- Fixed bug: The Tunnel Man was too broken as a playable character.
- - Fixed bug: he could get hurt while exiting through doors.
- Fixed bug: he could screw up the minigames with his mattock.
- Fixed bug: he could jump while attacking with his mattock, so long as jump is pressed after attack.
- Fixed bug: the title music stopped when you switch between the Spelunker and the Tunnel Man.
- Fixed bug: no animation for when the Tunnel Man is eaten by a mantrap.
- Fixed bug: Tunnel Man was missing his "look up" animation.
= reduced starting life to 2. No bombs or rope.
- Fixed bug: when you first play the game, if you tried to back out of the tutorial you would be crushed in the wall on the title screen.
- Fixed bug: after betting at the dice
house, you could destroy the blocks protecting the item without angering the shopkeeper.
- Fixed bug: pressing the keyboard's attack key causes you to load the level on the Load Level screen.
- Fixed bug: loading a non-existent level on the Load Level screen takes you to the custom win screen instead of providing a warning.
- Fixed bug: spikes were much more safe from distances of 2 blocks or smaller than in previous versions (possibly due to a physics change).
- Fixed bug: in rare cases, Black Market entrances would generate in every free tile on the map.
- Fixed bug: you could throw damsels onto spikes or into lava over and over again to obtain multiple kills.
- Fixed bug: if the player puts down an item and goes through the end door, he/she would be shown in the ending still carrying the item.
- Fixed bug: Player could get perma-stunned if attacked while doing a flip.
- Fixed bugs: problems with bow:
- - Fixed bug: priming a bow and then having it knocked out of your hands often caused the arrow to become permanently stuck to the player until a bow is picked up again.
- Fixed bug: priming a bow and then switching to a bomb or rope caused lots of problems.
- Fixed bug: bow flipped when you pressed away from wall while hanging.
- Fixed bug: bow graphic jittered when priming.
- Fixed bug: being stunned prevents you from taking fall damage.
- Fixed bug: whipping yetis from the left knocked them towards you.
- Fixed bug: shopkeeper corpses could get stuck to webs while you were carrying them and could not be picked up from webs.
- Fixed bug: being stunned could cause you to lose an item permanently.
- Fixed bug: teleporters buried in ground could poke out of the ground.
- Fixed bug: jumping up, holding down, and pressing attack while holding shotgun would not cause the shotgun to fire.
- Fixed bug: flipping over a ledge wouldn't trigger arrow traps.
- Fixed bug: right-facing arrow traps that span with only a one-tile gap ahead of them would not fire their arrows. (Custom levels only.)
- Fixed bug: shooting kissing parlor damsels off-screen wouldn't anger the shopkeeper.
- Fixed bug: the compass marker shouldn't disappear when messages are also on the screen.
- Fixed bug: as Damsel or Tunnel Man, if you are crawling and facing right and then press run, you'd do a super wiggle.
- Fixed bug: trees would appear in front of shop signs.
- Fixed bug: items in lava would float in mid-air once the lava is drained.
- Fixed bug: items would sometimes show up in unbreakable walls.
- Fixed bug: skeletons (and other "bloodless" monsters) shouldn't leave blood on spikes.'
? Fixed bug: in the Black Market, Mantraps could spawn in areas where they could eat shopkeepers.
? Fixed bug: Kissing Parlor: if you have enough money for a kiss but not the damsel, trying to buy her would result in you buying a kiss instead.