Version 24.0.0 "Beyond The Pale"
## New features and enhancements
* mkvmerge: MP4 reader: improved the detection of edit lists consisting of two
identical entries, each spanning the file's duration as given in the movie
header atom. The second entry is ignored in such cases. See #2306.
* mkvmerge: JSON identification: the "display unit" video track property is
now reported as `display_unit`. The JSON schema has been bumped to v11 for
* mkvmerge, mkvextract: AVC/h.264: empty NALUs will now be removed.
* mkvextract: VobSub extraction: empty SPU packets will now be dropped during
extraction as other tools such as MP4Box cannot handle them
correctly. Implements #2293.
## Bug fixes
* mkvmerge: E-AC-3 parser: fixed determining the number of channels for
streams that contain an AC-3 core with dependent E-AC-3 frames. Fixes #2283.
* mkvmerge: Matroska reader: fixed mkvmerge buffering the whole file if a
video track is multiplexed that consists of only one or a few frames. Fixes
* mkvmerge: the "display unit" video track property will now be kept if it is
set in the source file. Fixes #2317.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when scanning playlists, all playlists were
offered for selection regardless of the value of the "minimum playlist
duration" setting. Fixes #2299.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: deriving track languages from file names: the
regular sub-expressions for ISO 639-1 codes could match on empty strings,
too, causing matches in wrong places and hence no language being recognized
in certain situations. Fixes #2298.
* MKVToolNix GUI: header editor: fixed a crash when saving the file fails
(e.g. because it isn't writable). Fixes #2319.
* MKVToolNix GUI: header editor: the editor was wrongfully claiming that
mandatory elements with default values cannot be removed in the "status"
text. Fixes #2320.
* MKVToolNix GUI: preferences: on macOS & Linux the setting "enable copying
tracks by their type" wasn't restored on program start. Fixes #2297.
## Other changes
* Niels Lohmann's JSON library: the bundled version has been updated from
v1.1.0 (git revision 54d3cab) to v3.1.1 (git revision g183390c1).
* pugixml library: the bundled version has been updated from v1.8 to v1.9 (git
Hab ich dir schon mal gesagt, was die Definition von Wahnsinn ist? Wahnsinn ist wenn man exakt dieselbe Scheiße immer und immer wieder macht und erwartet, das sich was ändert.'